Micro algae! Spirulina is one of the oldest organisms on Earth. It's so strong and powerful that it's was able to survive for over 5 million years.
Its potency is derived from its powerful ability to absorb sun's energy as well as the minerals from water in which it grows.
Our spirulina is harvested manually, carefully extruded and dehydrated at low temperature to preserve maximum nutritious value.
Unlike crunch, most spirulina comes in pills and powder, extremely processed and dried at high temperatures significantly reducing its benefits.
It has a neutral taste, similar to that of a dehydrated spinach. Crunch doesn't have an after taste like many spirulina powders.
You can eat it straight out of the bag or add it to salads (yummy with kale), sandwiches, wraps, cold soups and trail mixes.
Try for two weeks to notice the benefits!
There is no single way of eating spirulina crunch. Our fans keep coming up with new recipes! Some like it with fruits, some in a trail mix, some in their breakfast granola and others make granola bars with it! Try sprinkling it on your salad (with kale - yum!) and add it to cold soups too. Tell us about your favorite way to eat spirulina!
Spirulina crunch is really one of the most versatile superfoods. It adds nutritional value, taste and crunchiness to your favorite foods!
Spirulina is one of the foods that is used to treat anaemia and malnutrition. It is a fantastic source of iron (20% of the required daily value in just 10 grams or one serving of spirulina crunch). Spirulina Crunch is especially beneficial for vegans/vegetarians, pregnant and nursing women, as well as anyone else in need of extra care when it comes to iron consumption. With Spirulina Crunch, you never have to worry about getting enough iron in your diet. Eat a serving of Crunch per day, and ensure the necessary intake (eat two if you have a severe iron deficiency). Enjoy spirulina with Vitamin-C-containing foods, like tomatoes and oranges (see explanation below).
Spirulina is not a fad. It's been a supplement of choice for decades and its consumption is only growing all around the world.
It's been used throughout the years to treat a variety of conditions and to maintain one's health. It has even been used to treat radiation victims of Chernobyl!
Here are a few reasons why spirulina is one of the world's favorite superfoods:
"We manufacture our products with the utmost care and dedication, we check carefully the process from the raw materials to your home."
One of the most important keys to good and balanced nutrition is consumption of foods high in vitamins and minerals, as well as pairing those foods in order to maximize the absorption of the impotant nutrients!
For example, the best way to make sure the iron in the foods you eat is properly absorbed is to pair it with vitamin C! This is of vital importance to anyone who has anemia, is pregnant/nursing or has other forms of iron deficiency.
To learn more about various food combinations for best vitamin absorption, check out our blog at http://blog.purestandard.com and sign up for our newsletter below.
- Spirulina Crunch is dried at low temperatures retaining most nutrients and enzymes better than spirulina in form of powder or pills.
- Spirulina Crunch is a raw food, and because it is not processed (except for slow dehydration), its taste is not compromised.
- You can eat it on the go
- You can replace your after-gym protein bars with spirulina crunch as a much healthier and more efficient protein alternative!
- You can eat it as a healthy snack, and turn your usual healthy snack (like fruits) into a powerhouse of nutrition by adding Spirulina Crunch
- The Crunch has a fresh taste as only fresh high quality spirulina is used.
- No substances are used to glue the parts together.
- They have that delicious crunchiness that will satisfy your cravings and make any snack so much better tasting.
- You can add it to your cereal, smoothie or salad, sprinkle on a sandwich or a wrap for added crunch and nutritional value!